Morris Technology Partners provides IT solutions focusing on our clients’ Data Management and Protection. We offer an IT-as-a-Service solution through our subscription-based CloudFusion suite. In addition to this data management and protection suite, we provide value added reseller services. Including Hardware, software, cyber security, and Professional Services.
Morris Technology Partners is hiring a System Administrator to join our team for both internal and external client support needs. The System Administrator should have strong problem solving skills, with the ability to think independently. This is a client facing position, so must also have strong communication skills.
Location: Whippany, NJ (majority of work is done remotely)
Hours: 8:30am-5pm (after hours as needed)
- Responsible for the administration of Windows Servers and Active Directory (AD) environment.
- General systems administration responsibilities include installation, configuration, operations and maintenance of company and customer laptops/desktops/servers as well as enterprise software, systems diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
- The System admin will provide internal status reports, enforces quality control of project deliverables, and contributes to developing efficient processes and procedures for continuing improvement of the certification and accreditation process.
- The Systems Admin will be actively engaged in working with business systems to implement firewall rules and manage request priorities.
- The Systems Admin will also participate in the delivery of client systems, including some cabling, network configuration and storage installation.
- Provides occasional technical guidance.
- Install, support, and maintain hardware, software, and network components
- Develop set-up instructions and user procedures where appropriate
- Test new hardware/software prior to rollout
- Maintain inventory of all hardware/software
- Responsible for server back-up and activity logs
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Manage and monitor DHCP, DNS and network access.
- Monitor, administer and manage Antivirus and Antispam applications.
- Monitor internal and external infrastructure (servers, switches, back-ups)
- Troubleshoot 2nd level customer issues
- Create accounts, reset passwords, and manage end users on O365.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computer and related technology at customer sites and as required
- Maintain vendor certifications quarterly
- At least 2 years of hands-on work experience in Information Technology as a Windows System Administrator
- MS Office 365 required
- Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Fortinet technologies
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge is a plus
- This position requires knowledge and experience with virtualization with additional knowledge of SAN Storage and S3 object storage platforms
- The candidate should also have knowledge of switching and routing with a strong understanding of LAN/WAN Technologies
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration
- The selected candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and present themselves in a professional and intuitive manner.
- More importantly, candidates must be resourceful and possess the ability to work independently.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Pro-active work ethic
- Must be able to bend, stoop and stand when installing cabling and racks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs to move racks and computer hardware.
- Valid Driver’s License, must be able to drive to and from customer locations and Colo,.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, and available for 24×7 when necessary
- Frequent local travel will be required to customer sites in NY/NJ/PA.
Morris Technology Partners was founded in 2014, we’re an energetic, professional, and unique, woman-owned IT Services Firm. At Morris Technology Partners, our customers always come first. We strategize and present multiple solutions, that focus on our clients’ requirements so that their specific needs are always met in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
Morris Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please email: email@example.com